ScotiaLife® Term to 100 Insurance
Right for you if:
You want the best rate for the long-term
You are looking for lifelong coverage
Permanent insurance that protects you for a lifetime
ScotiaLife® Term to 100 Insurance offers affordable lifetime coverage at a guaranteed rate that will never change. If you are 18 to 65 years old and a Canadian resident, you can apply for up to $250,000 in coverage.
Reasons to consider Term to 100 Insurance:
- Guaranteed premiums - Your rates will never increase
- No medical examination needed to apply - Just 6 short health/lifestyle questions to answer.
- There's no time like today - Apply now. In as little as one year, you could be paying more for the same amount of coverage. A change in your health could make it difficult to get coverage later
- Benefits at the time they are needed most - The death benefit is paid as a lump sum directly to the person you designate as your beneficiary. The Terminal Illness Benefit, if applicable, is paid directly to you
Provides funds that can be used for final expenses
Deciding which coverage is best for you is surprisingly simple
Each term life product addresses different needs. The comparison chart below will help you decide which product best fits your needs, budget and financial goals:
|Term 1||Term 10||Term 20||Term to 100|
|Length of Need||Short Term||Medium Term||Long Term||Entire Life|
|Cost||Low for short term needs||Low for medium term needs||Better for long term needs||Best for lifetime needs|
|Length of Coverage||Renewable to age 70||10 years renewable to age 75||20 years renewable to age 75||Lifetime|
|Coverage Available||Up to $1 Million||Up to $250,000||Up to $250,000||Up to $250,000|
Current Scotiabank customers and their spouses
The Term to 100 plan offers
- Life-time protection - Coverage continues for life. Premiums stop being collected at age 100
- Choice of coverage amounts - From $25,000 to $250,000
- Affordable rates - Our rates are very competitively priced. There are also cost savings on higher benefit amounts so twice the coverage doesn't cost twice as much
- Special Terminal Illness Benefit - Provides you up to 50% of your coverage amount while you are alive, if after 2 years of coverage you are diagnosed with a Terminal Illness by a Medical Specialist and given 12 months or less to live
- 30-day money-back guarantee - If you're not completely satisfied with your Policy, return it to us within 30 days; any premiums paid will be promptly refunded. It's that simple!
What's not covered
Suicide is not covered during the first 2 years coverage is in force (or within 2 years after coverage reinstatement).
Affordable rates - Our rates are very competitively priced. There are also cost savings on higher benefit amounts so twice the coverage doesn't cost twice as much.
Registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under license. ScotiaLife Financial is the brand name for the Canadian insurance business of The Bank of Nova Scotia and certain of its Canadian subsidiaries such as Scotia Life Insurance Company.
ScotiaLife® Term to 100 Insurance is underwritten by Scotia Life Insurance Company. ScotiaLife® Term to 100 Insurance is subject to certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions. A description of the provisions of the coverage is provided in the Policy, which will be mailed to you if you are approved for coverage. In the event of any conflict between any documents, including this website, the Policy shall govern. ScotiaLife® Term to 100 Insurance cannot be purchased in Scotiabank branches.