Visitors to Canada
Right for you if:
You’re in Canada and don’t have a provincial health insurance plan
You’re planning to come to Canada
Insurance specially designed for visitors and new immigrants to Canada
Top reasons to choose Scotia Travel Insurance1
- Select the amount of emergency medical insurance that’s right for you
- Choose an individual, couple or family plan2
- Find a premium that fits into your budget
- Get a quote in just a few minutes
- Buy online or by phone easily
You can apply for this insurance if you’re 85 years old or less3 and you’re:
- Visiting Canada, or
- A new immigrant or on a work Visa, or
- A Canadian resident who is not eligible for government health insurance benefits
Choose the coverage you want
With two plans available, you can pick the one that’s right for you.
Plan A: Emergency Medical Plan1 with no Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions. See policy for details.
- Choose the amount of emergency medical insurance you need, up to $150,000 CDN, if age 69 or less.
- Coverage is available for individuals who are up to 85 years old
- Family coverage is available for those age 59 and under2
Plan B: Emergency Medical Insurance1 with Coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions
- This covers pre-existing medical conditions as long as you are stable for at least 180 days before your coverage starts. Please see policy for details. Get up to $150,000 CDN in emergency medical insurance if you are 69 years old or less3
- Get up to $100,000 CDN in emergency medical insurance if you’re between 70-85 years old
- If you are 40 years of age or over age, you must complete a medical questionnaire at the time of application
- Coverage is available for individuals
Scotia Travel Insurance, distributed by the BNS Insurance Agency Inc., is underwritten by
The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife) and First North American Insurance Company,
a wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife. Manulife, P.O. Box 670, Stn. Waterloo, Waterloo, ON N2J 4B8.
Registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under license. ScotiaLife Financial is the brand name for the Canadian insurance business of The Bank of Nova Scotia and certain of its Canadian subsidiaries.
Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply.
To be eligible for family coverage, all insured people, including children, must be age 59 and under, and a minimum of thirty (30) days of age. A child means an unmarried, dependent son or daughter travelling with you under the age of twenty-one (21), or an unmarried dependent son or daughter of any age if mentally or physically disabled. Family coverage is only available with the purchase of the Visitors To Canada Plan A, and is not available with the Visitors to Canada Plan B.
Insured people must be a minimum of 30 days of age.