Once you have chosen your destination, the next question is "what should I pack?".
We are currently experiencing extremely high call volumes that are resulting in much longer wait times than usual. We appreciate that you have important questions and we want to assure you that our agents are ready to support you and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
If you wish to purchase travel insurance, you can also use our online quote process. Please review Government of Canada travel advisories carefully when planning your trip and purchasing coverage. If an “avoid non-essential travel” advisory is issued, coverage for COVID-19 related matters may only be available with a COVID-19 Pandemic Plan. If an “avoid all travel” advisory is issued, coverage for COVID-19 related matters may not be available under any plan.
Top reasons to pack Scotia Travel Insurance
Consider a plan with All Inclusive coverage
Save on premiums if you only travel within Canada
Choose a plan that suits the way you travel
Emergency medical coverage includes 24-hour Medical Concierge benefit
Which insurance plan is right for you?
Knowing you’re protected makes every journey more rewarding.
- Get up to $10 million CDN in emergency medical insurance
- Choose the coverage that suits you best: COVID 19 Pandemic Travel, Emergency Medical, Trip Cancellation/Interruption or All Inclusive Plans.
- Get further savings if you are a family
Medical insurance coverage for those studying abroad or within Canada.
- Up to $2 million CDN in emergency medical insurance
- Great for Canadian students studying in another province or country
- Ideal for international students studying in Canada
- If your school has medical insurance requirements, a Student plan may meet these requirements
Visitors to Canada
Explore Canada knowing you and your loved ones are protected.
- Flexible covered amounts available
- Emergency medical insurance for those up to 85 years old
- Available for singles, couples and families1
- Great for visitors coming to Canada for an extended period
Helpful tools and resources
Usually travel involves months of planning but sometimes it can be a spontaneous, last minute decision. Make sure you are prepared.
Before you embark on a vacation, business trip, or day's adventure across the border, be sure you are prepared with the proper documentation.
Frequently asked questions
Visitors to Canada